“FOOD BANK 2 HOME”
The Clarington East Food Bank Delivery Program
This program is for residents who are unable to access our program due to aging, disability, long-term illness, pregnant people, and families with small children. Deliveries will be available on the 3rd Tuesday of every month.
Qualifications to Register
If you live in our catchment area you may qualify for this program if you meet one of these requirements:
- You are a senior citizen, 65 years of age or older
- You have a physical disability OR short/long-term illness that makes it hard to visit our foodbank
- You are a single, new, or expecting parent (or caregiver) who is homebound
- You have no access to public transit, no vehicle, and are homebound
AND, you do not live with an adult-aged household member who is able to visit our food bank on your behalf.
How to Register
To register, please call Clarington East Food Bank at 905 987 1418 or email us at email@example.com to apply.
VOLUNTEER DRIVERS FOR FOOD BANK 2 HOME
Volunteer drivers will deliver food to Food Bank 2 Home program participants across Newcastle, Orono, Kendal, Newtonville, and the surrounding area.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Effective September 22, 2021 – All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before volunteering. Volunteers are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
If you have questions or a written, approved medical exemption from the vaccine, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in a one-hour training/orientation session
- Arrive on time at Clarington East Food Bank to pick up your deliveries
- Load your vehicle and review your scheduled route
- Deliver food to the clients’ door or place food directly outside of their home by the door
- Complete your deliveries between your scheduled hours and confirm delivery to the co-ordinator
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Possess and provide proof of valid driver’s license*
- Access to a vehicle, and vehicle insurance, and abide by all road safety rules*
- Dependable and committed, with attention to detail and a willingness to be flexible
- Possess a working cell phone
- Ability to lift 20-40 Lbs
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to show respect for privacy and dignity for those seeking emergency food support
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude
Start at the Clarington East Food Bank Office (279 King St. E, Newcastle) and travel to various locations on the designated delivery route.
- One two-hour shift on the third Tuesday of every month from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.