As a non-profit organization, Clarington East Food Bank (CEFB) does not typically receive any government funding and relies on private contributions, volunteers, and community partnerships including our affiliation with Feed Ontario and Food Banks Canada. Due to COVID-19 some funding has been made available through the Federal and Provincial governments.
If you would like to support our mission, here are some ways you can lend a hand.
CEFB’s volunteers are the backbone of our organization and we simply could not do what we do without them. ** DUE TO COVID-19 WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS FOR INSIDE THE FOODBANK : WE WILL MAKE UPDATES HERE AS THEY HAPPEN. **
Download our Volunteer Application and email us at claringtoneastfoodbank@gmail for more information. We will always keep your resume on file for future opportunities. All volunteers must be able to provide references and be ready for the challenge of sorting food cans and minor lifting.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Effective September 22, 2021 – All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before volunteering. Volunteers are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
If you have questions or a written, approved medical exemption from the vaccine, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER DRIVERS FOR FOOD BANK 2 HOME
Volunteer drivers will deliver food to Food Bank 2 Home program participants across Newcastle, Orono, Kendal, Newtonville, and the surrounding area. Covid-19 Vaccine Policy applies.
- Participate in a one-hour training/orientation session
- Arrive on time at Clarington East Food Bank to pick up your deliveries
- Load your vehicle and review your scheduled route
- Deliver food to the clients’ door or place food directly outside of their home by the door
- Complete your deliveries between your scheduled hours and confirm delivery to the co-ordinator
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Possess and provide proof of valid driver’s license*
- Access to a vehicle, and vehicle insurance, and abide by all road safety rules*
- Dependable and committed, with attention to detail and a willingness to be flexible
- Possess a working cell phone
- Ability to lift 20-40 Lbs
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to show respect for privacy and dignity for those seeking emergency food support
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude
Start at the Clarington East Food Bank Office (279 King St. E, Newcastle) and travel to various locations on the designated delivery route.
- One two-hour shift on the third Tuesday of every month from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
1. Private Donations
We happily accept non-perishable food items, diapers, formula, and toiletries. Please refer to our wish list page for the items we currently need. Items can be dropped off at our location (279 King Ave. East, Newcastle) on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 11 am and 2 pm.
2. Food Drives
Food drive campaigns are an excellent way to strengthen ties in the community and have fun! They also provide the CEFB with sustainable items and keep our shelves stocked with great meal options for our clients who access our services and programs. If you are planning a food drive, please contact us to organize a time and date where these items can be delivered directly to our foodbank location at 279 King Ave. East, Newcastle. Please check the expiry date on each non-perishable food item you donate.
3. Foodland and No Frills Bins
Don’t forget to use the drop-off bins at No Frills and Foodland if you can’t get into the food bank to make a donation.
Please check our Wish List for items we currently need.
You can make a monetary donation. Your donation stays within the community and makes a direct difference in the lives of over 170 households (including children), that we serve in the Clarington East community. Donations help to fund our building expenses and provide much-needed non-perishables, fresh fruits, vegetables, produce, and meats to offer healthy and nutritious meals.
1. Online Donations
You can use a credit card, PayPal account to make a one-time gift or monthly donation. Click here to DONATE ONLINE NOW!
2. E-transfer Donations
You can do an e-transfer by emailing email@example.com (don’t forget to send a follow-up email with your security password and mailing address for tax receipt).
Can be mailed or dropped off at:
Clarington East Food Bank
279 King Avenue East
*Donations of $25 dollars and more receive a tax receipt.